Five Exercises You Can Do Almost Anywhere
At the average desk job, sitting is an issue. Sitting for hours a day not only decreases your metabolic rate but also increases your risks for diseases.
When your Apple Watch or FitBit tells you it's time to get up, try some of these easy exercises to get your heart rate up for even just a few minutes.
1. Position your hands on the edge of a chair or bench with your palm down and fingers pointing towards your body.
2. Bend your knees into a sitting position (to challenge, straighten them out in front of you).
3. Bend at the elbows, lowering your body to the floor and then push-up. Repeat 15-20 reps.
Tip: Keep your body as close to the chair as possible.
1. Grab 1 or 2 items to serve as weights. Try paper weights, water bottles, etc.
2. Bend your arms, keeping your elbows close to the body.
3. Bring your forearms up towards your shoulders.
4. Complete 15-20 reps.
Jogging/Jumprope in Place: